Paper Pros Challenge - Spring Fever
March 12, 2019
For our monthly no-stress just-for-fun Paper Pros challenge, the theme was set by Sandy Diller as Spring Fever. I've been teaching a lot for the last several months and have been unable to participate in the challenges, but I lucked out this month because one of my class projects for Friday fits the theme!
This Friday I'll be at Kaitlyn's Crop 2019 Spring Fling teaching a 2-card class. The class kits will also include a die. In addition, students may shop our entire line at the Scrapp'n Savvy mobile store at the crop.
The first card features the Woven Basket Box Card die set and also incorporates decorator dies (bird, frame, heart) from the Frame Pull Pop-up. The borders and twigs come from our Border Blends - Party die set.
The other class card is a Rockin' Rectangle Pop-up birthday card, featuring the ostrich from Feathered Animals. It also uses decorator dies from the Cupcake Pop-up, Rectangles - Crosshatch and Birthday Charms.
All items in the kits are pre-cut. Here are the items students should bring to class:
- All your favorite adhesives including liquid glue with a fine tip, tape runner, double-sided tape (0.25" is best), miniature glue dots, pop-dots.
- Tweezers or Quick Stik for placing small items like ostrich parts, hearts and sequins
- Pen or pencil
- Paper piercer and a piece of foam to pierce into
- Bone folder
- Optional: Wink of Stella (or similar) glitter pen
- Optional: Inks and blending tools for brushing edges
- Optional (but recommended): print out the card photos for reference OR save them to your tablet to refer to in class
- Smart phone or tablet to take photos of the hundreds of sample cards on display
If you're not taking the class but would like to check out the rest of the Paper Pros projects, you'll find the links in the left sidebar under Design Team and Paper Pros.