Next Saturday, June 16, 2018, I'll be at Croppin' Bug in La Marque, Texas (just south of Houston) teaching a pop-up card class from 9am to noon featuring brand new dies from our Spring collection. Here are the projects and "what to bring" list for students.
NOTE: Normally you are instructed to bring your die cutting machine to cut some pieces using the die set included in your kit. However, because of the number of pieces in each card, I have elected to pre-cut all the pieces for the kits to make class go faster. You do not need to bring your die cutting machine to class. You will still receive the Circle Charm Pop-up die set in your kit, but you will not be required to use it during class.
Next up, a Tent Pop-up Card. If you need a last-minute Father's Day card this will work wonderfully, but the greeting is generic so you'll be able to use it for any occasion and the colors are gender-neutral. This card also uses the Camping Charms and the nested crosshatch shape dies.
Our final card is the Upsy Daisy Pop-up card, assembled in a slide style. There are so many ways to use this die set! Once again it is embellished with the nested crosshatch shape dies. Also used are Word Set 6 and the vine from the Flowers and Bee die set.
If you'd like a preview of these die mechanisms and how they work, feel free to watch the assembly videos before class.
Please bring to class:
- Print-outs of the three class cards OR have them loaded onto your tablet or phone OR plan to take a photo of the originals when you arrive
- All your favorite adhesives - tape runner, strong double-sided tape (6mm or 0.25" is the best size), mini glue dots, fine-tip glue pen or bottle.
- Paper Piercer
- Black pen - for coloring the beak and legs of the flamingo. (Note - an alcohol or fine-tip permanent marker works best on the coated pink cardstock)
- White gel pen - for the lines on the tree stump.
- Optional - alcohol marker in a pink tone (I used a Copic RV25) to tint the brads on the summer card
- Optional - you are always welcome to bring inks for brushing edges.
- Optional - tweezers for placing small pieces.
- Optional - Wink of Stella clear glitter pen - for making things sparkly!
It's going to be a fun class! Hope you can join us!