Elizabeth Craft Designs is exhibiting this week at the Sierra Pacific Crafts Mixed Media Event in Salt Lake City. If you're at the show, be sure to stop by the ECD booth to see these two new Pop it Ups collections, shipping the second week of August, 2016.
Here's a little overview to show what's coming. The Design Team and I have been making projects using the new collections and we will start posting those ideas on our blogs and social media starting August 1st, so stay tuned! In the meantime, here is a brief description of the new collections.
HALLOWEEN COLLECTION - By popular request I've created a Halloween collection. It includes 5 new dies, a clear stamp set and 2 stencils.
- 1202 Iron Fence Pop-up - this fence can be used flat or animated with the included slider arm and sleeve to arch up as the card opens. Lots of possibilities here for garden scenes, too, so it will be great beyond Halloween.
- 1201 Halloween Scene - this fun little set has 5 useful dies for setting a spooky mood. A tombstone edge die, a jagged branch/tree, spiderweb, spider and bat.
- 1200 Halloween Charms - this set will make a flat jack-o-lantern charm (or pumpkin) and an expanding 3D ghost. Charms will fit the Hanging Charm Pull Tab set.
- 1204 Props 9 - dress up your Character dies in this fun witch costume OR use it on its own
- 1203 Midnight the Bat - the latest Character die comes with a little sidekick. The small bat die will cut out the stamped version of Midnight from the Halloween Clear Stamps.
- CS020 Halloween Clear Stamps - this small 3" x 4" stamp set has lots of all-purpose greetings to coordinate with the collection. Optionally cut out the bat using the die from #1203 Midnight the Bat. Optionally cut out the oval 31 stamp using the oval die from #1206 Anita Frames (Occasions Collection)
- S013 Bats Stage it Stencil - need to make a quick background for a Halloween card? This all-over pattern stencil is perfect.
- S014 Candy Corn Layering Stage it Stencil - I am really proud of this one! Instead of a 2-part layering stencil it's actually a 3 or 4) part. If you're working on white cardstock you do not need to ink the white tips of the corn (3rd column), but I did put them on the stencil in case you're working on colored cardstock. Start with the left-most column to start the double row candy corn border by sponging the base of the corn in either yellow or brown. Slide the stencil to the left and use orange for the center. Assuming the paper is white, skip the third column and go to the 4th, which is the shadows that make the corn appear to float off the page. Sponge the shadows with gray. This stencil can also be used as an all-over confetti pattern.
OCCASIONS COLLECTION - universal pop-ups and accessories for year-round crafting in popular themes. 5 new dies, 2 new stamps, 1 new stencil.
- 1205 Flower Pot Pop Stand - makes a very cool pop-up flower pot that can be filled with the included flowers, butterfly and leaves, but also filled with anything else. You can also use this die as a stand-alone box card if you prefer. Now I don't like to brag . . . so I'll let the team do it! Ha. Here are some of their comments when they got their first sneak peek of this die in action:
- So so so SO cool!! I'm madly in love with this!!
- Omg omg omg!!!!!! Love love love!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😘😍
- OMGoodness. Really? Really? I'm actually glad you can't see it but I'm doing a HAPPY DANCE. WOWSA!!!!!!!
- This is AMAZING!!!!! Completely jaw dropping amazing!
- 1206 Anita Frames Pop-up - this die is named after Anita Izendoorn, who has begged me for two years now to re-release the Floating Frames die, which was a popular one from my early Sizzix days. I redesigned it with bigger labels and made it a Pop it Ups die so you can choose your own card size. It also comes with decorator dies, including a crown, 3 labels, one of which will cut out the Happy Birthday stamp perfectly, 2 banner dies that will also cut out the banner stamps, and an oval that will cut out the 31 stamp from the Halloween collection. This is going to be a fabulous generic pop-up for any theme.
- 1207 Twist Circle - since I was revisiting some of my early artwork for Sizzix, I decided to update and release a much better version of the original Spinning Platform die. The Twist Circle has alignment nubs so you cut it right into any size card. The circles are included for decorating with any theme. It comes with the "hi" circle, too. Another great generic die with a fun mechanism. The circle twists up and down as the card is opened and closed.
- 1208 Labels & Circles - this is a decorator die with labels and circles to coordinate with the Anita Frames and Twist Circle die set.
- 1209 Sports Charms - these fun charms can also double as props if you cut the hang hole off and use them with the Characters.
- 1210 Holiday Charms - these also double as props without their hang holes. They will work wonderfully in the Pop-up Sleigh die from last year's Merry & Bright collection.
- CS021 Holiday Clear Stamps - some new greetings to use with the new generic pop-ups and with last year's Merry & Bright pop-ups (Sleigh, Tree, Merry Christmas)
- CS022 Occasions Clear Stamps - these generic words will work perfectly for so many projects. Cut out the banners and the Happy Birthday using decorator dies from Anita Frames, as an option.
- S015 Stripes/Plaid Stage it Stencil - makes a great diagonal stripe, either single color or multiple, but you can also flip the stencil over and add the stripes in the opposite direction to make plaids. Clean the stencil and start again in another color to make multi-color plaids. The team has been using this stencil a lot!
If you are a retailer at the SPC event this week, stop by the Elizabeth Craft Designs booth to see these products in action. Retailers will also be able to order directly from ECD or through their reps. The ordering info will be e-mailed to retailers after the show.
Shipping is the second week of August with ideas and videos posted starting August 1st.