I'll be hitting the Texas highways in a few weeks to teach a Pop it Ups card class throughout northeast Texas. I'm bringing along my daughter, Emma. This will be her first time helping me teach the classes, although she is very familiar with making the kits!
You can take this class all over east Texas or join me in Kansas or Colorado.
July 19--Stamp Asylum, Plano, TX
- July 21 - Flossie Scrapper,Joshua, TX
- July 22 - Scrapbookers Emporium, Nash, TX
- July 23 - Scrapbookers Emporium, Nash, TX
- July 24 - Big Mouth Scrappers, Forney, TX
- July 25 - Scrappin Good Time, Corsicana, TX
- August 16 - Stamper's Ink, Shawnee, KS
- August 23 - Croppin Bug, Texas City, TX
- August 29 - Scrapp'n Savvy, Spring, TX
- September 12-13 - Simple Pleasures, Colorado Springs, CO
First up, the House Pivot Card. I have hired my friend Jenn Mock to help me make kits and we decided this was an excellent opportunity, with so many Texas stores, to "Texasify" the greeting. Students who prefer a non-Texas greeting can swap out. (NOTES: Stamper's Ink and Simple Pleasures will get an alternate greeting. Scrapp'n Savvy will get an alternate card)
Next we'll use some of the brand new Summer Release dies. The Lorna Label pop-up die, Poppy the Owl and Props 1 are all new and will be available just in time for this teaching tour.
The third card uses the brand new Spiral Circle Pull Card die plus the Clock and Gears. This die is very versatile, combining a z-fold opening mechanism with a traditional pop-up interior. It can be cut anywhere along the fold of any size card, and the spiral is optional. The possibilities are endless! Plus, the new Clock and Gears die fits just perfectly on it.
The last card will be a Christmas themed Katie Label Accordion featuring both of the new Katie Frame Edges - the Holly and the Stars. It also incorporates some new ECD dies - the Holly Flourish and the Merry Christmas. The Outdoor Edges are used to make the little cluster of pine trees on Page 3. This can easily be converted into non-Christmas with a few modifications, so don't feel like you can't take the class if you don't celebrate Christmas.
All four of the cards in this class are A2 sized (4.25" x 5.5") when folded and will fit in standard A2 envelopes and mail for a single stamp.
Here's what you need to bring to class:
- Scissors and a paper trimmer
- Adhesives! Adhesives! Adhesives!
- Tape Runner
- Strong 1/4" tacky or scor tape
- Fine line glue pen (my favorite is a Fineline Applicator bottle, filled with any brand of dries-clear easy flow PVA glue)
- Mini glue dots
- Pop dots
- Paper piercer
- Sanding tool
- Optional: Brayer to press down the Frame Edges on the Accordion
- Optional: Inks for inking edges - you are always welcome to add ink to projects
- Optional: smart phone or camera for taking photos of the 100 sample cards on display
- Optional: print out the card photos from this blog post to refer to in class. You will receive a small color photo of each card in your handout, but many students prefer having big photos.
Everything in the kits is pre-cut, which allows you to try a lot more dies than if you were cutting everything yourself. Take a look, for example, at the House Card kit - 29 pieces just for this card!
You also receive a detailed handout with supply lists, cut sizes and instructions for re-making the cards, perhaps in a completely different color scheme.
Hope to see you there!