On December 1st I'll be teaching an interactive Christmas Circle Album at Scrapp'n Savvy in Spring, TX. The first two sessions sold out so we've added a third. Call the store if interested.
I enjoyed creating this class with one of the Interactive Chipboard Albums that I designed for Echo Park. The paper line is Very Merry Christmas by Jessica Sprague for Echo Park. There are also several of my new Hearth & Home Sizzix dies worked into the class.
Speaking of the new dies, here are the winners of the GIVEAWAY, chosen by random number from members of my mailing list who left a comment on my last post. If you are not already a member of my mailing list, fear not a full in-box because I am absolutely terrible at sending out e-mails. But when I do, I will often give the list a chance to win a prize, so just hunt up the blue button in the left sidebar and sign up!
Peg and Nancy each get to pick two dies from the Hearth & Home collection - either Pop 'n Cuts inserts, matching accessory Sizzlits, or Bigz dies. I'll be contacting you both by e-mail for your addresses. Congratulations!
Peg Smith - I'm So excited these products are in the stores now!! A must have for me is the ALBUM ACCORDIAN FLIP 3D. I haven't been this excited for a long time! You're work is exquisite!
Nancy Walker - I just love all the new Pop 'n Cuts Hearth and Home series dies. I have a few now, but I would love to add the ribbon tree insert to my collection. I hope Santa is listening!
Here are more photos of the class.
The first interior spread has a chipboard flap on the left page, held down by a small circle of Velcro. Open the flap to reveal the pop-up Poinsettia:
Turn the page to the second interior spread and notice the Accordion Album on the right page, held down by an oval-shaped closure.
Spin the oval to release the album and use the tab on the right to pull it open:
I didn't photograph the back of the album, but it offers more real estate for photos and journaling. Plus, each page has a pull-out section, so you'll be able to cram a ton of memories into this album!
Here are the tools and supplies you'll need in class:
- Scissors and Trimmer
- Adhesives - whatever you most like for wallpapering paper to chipboard. Some wet glues that I like for this are Tombow's blue mono and Zip Dry (but you have to work fast). I also have used a tape runner, but you'll use a lot, so bring a refill. Some of my instructor friends swear by Yes Paste.
- Other adhesives - small pop-dots will be great to elevate the layered wreath. You'll also want a strong tape, like tacky tape or Scor-tape, for attaching the Accordion Album. I always like having mini glue dots in class - very helpful for flourishes, etc.
- Stapler and staples (you'll use this to keep the templates attached to the papers while cutting)
- Crop-a-Dile or 1/4" chipboard hole punch.
- Paper piercer
- Craft knife and sanding block - these are helpful for making adjustments to the edges of the album
- Clean brayer - optional, but this can be great if you're using wet glue to wallpaper the pages.
- Adirondack Metallic Paint Dabber - Pearl (Karrie will have these for sale in the store)
Hope to see you there!